Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ambient lighting with light organ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niai

hi new to the forum as you can see
i have some experiences from some other projects but its all self tort and still learning still i understand most thing

having said that i have added an ambilight mod to my tv so thats not what i am looking for in this
light in my living room is very bad so i want to add some led strips on the room to get 360 light i found some nice cheap rgb light on dealextreme seen as there about the same price as the ave single coulour strip i am going to buy them seen as ihave 3 colours to play with i may as well hook them up to a pc to give control for some mood lighting lol
i would also like to be able to have them react to the music that playing on the pc i have been looking all over the place for a way to do this but i have not found a good way

dose any one know of a good way going about doing this?
i would love to make my own controller and write my own code for the micro controller and for the pc but i think this is to much of a hard project to start off on if any one thinks it isnt to had to start on i would love to get some information on how to go down this road

A Google of "Color Organ Schematic" will bring up literally dozens of hits of simple and effective circuits. Many can easily be modified or adapted to work with LEDs and other lighting.

Ron

yes i know i have found loads but i am looking for one that i can control on the pc and set to a solid colour

thanks any way

Then consider **broken link removed** and drop two of 3 channels and power the thing off the 12 volt power available in the computer. You want a single channel, so drop two channels, you want low voltage, it runs on 12 volts. It doesn't get any easier.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back