Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Separate Brake Light From Turn Signal

Interesting. Well, without getting to complex is that an issue with this circuit? Would that prevent me from synchronizing the trailer circuit?
The trailer circuit needs to be "tuned" to the "on time" of the blinker signal. So, as long as the square wave test signal faithfully reproduces the blinker signal, the trailer circuit can be tuned and should work.
You mean at pin 3 of the 555 output? If so perhaps adding a transistor to increase the output so it can drive the trailer circuit. If that's the concern.
Yes pin 3, but the trailer circuit inputs draw very little current (~1mA), so not really a concern.

I added test points, that I believe I have in the correct place (pot pins 2 & 3), to measure the resistance. I am also assuming that I just need one turn signal on to test then adjust that pot until output led goes off then its done. just set the other pot to match.
test points.png

Latest threads

Back