Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Browser Hijacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric,

Oh i see, and no i havent tried it yet but i guess i should look into it.

I think i have everything fixed now but wow, what a mess it was. I searched the web for more free virus software and came across something called Prevx. What a mistake that was. It installed just fine, but when i went to turn it off it would not allow me to do that so i had to reboot. Then after that it would not go away even when i tried to 'exit' it. Couldnt even kill process as it would not allow that either. Had to reboot in safe mode to get rid of it, what a pain.
Later, i found several files that were bad and some that were renamed with a name that was very close to the original, with the only difference was a space in the name, which is hard to notice unless you look very close.
Malwarebytes detected three files and that was nice, so i got rid of them, but this was a trojan that kept installing the same file over and over again too, and that was a pain.
I think the system is back to normal now, at least for the time being :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back