Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting syma s107 to radio control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, good luck. Make sure the resistors are near the values shown, and base the connection points on the E,B and C pins found on the datasheet for your transistor, they will not necessarily match the transistor I used. It also must be an NPN transistor.

Triode,
Well I have pretty much exhausted everything I could think of. I still cannot make this thing work. Do you have pictures of the remote as well? Sorry to keep pinging you for this.

Hmm, sorry you're having so much trouble, I only have a blurry picture of the remote, but there isn't much to it. This shows the attachment points I used, black and red are battery - and +, white is the signal I put to the TX.

View attachment 64053

Do you have an ocilloscope or a basic way to test each part? If you can, check that a signal is coming from the remote to the transmitter, that it's coming from the receiver and that the not gate is working, each individually. Testing a whole system at once is tough because if it doesn't work, and few things do on the first try, you're left guessing.

Last edited:
Oh man, an O-scope would be awesome! I am in a tent in the middle of Afghanistan, worst case scenario I will have to test it when I return. Thanks for the help and the photo's.

You're an american soldier then right? Just want to be sure I'm not helping just anyone in Afghanistan in a tent build a remote operated device.

Well, you could ghetto test it, get some headphones, and connect the wires between ground and the signal pin on the remote, you should get a choppy buzz, like "BZZZT ZZ ZZ....BZZZT ZZ ZZ", then do the same on the receiver once you've wired in the transmitter, it should sound the same, if it's just random ticks and the occasional buzz then you're just getting static, but that means it's on. Given that, you can test the not gate with two leds, one from input to ground and one from output to ground. If you connect the input pin to high the input led will come on and the output will go off, connect it to ground it should do the opposite.

Yes I am an American soldier. No worries I would not help just anyone either. I will give the headphone ghetto test a try. Worst case I will have to do it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back