Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delaying a signal voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKrak

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of an IC that would help me out. I am putting a CMOS voltage from a microprocessor into an inverter gate. The original signal and the inverted one go to the same device. The problem I am having is that I need a bit of dead time between the two signals - well, more than what I am getting.

I need around a 500ns delay in the signal. Is there any type of IC (maybe a delayed buffer or something) that I could do this with?

I know I could probably do something like chain a heap of inverter gates together, but that is kind of a crummy solution.

Thanks

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of an IC that would help me out. I am putting a CMOS voltage from a microprocessor into an inverter gate. The original signal and the inverted one go to the same device. The problem I am having is that I need a bit of dead time between the two signals - well, more than what I am getting.

I need around a 500ns delay in the signal. Is there any type of IC (maybe a delayed buffer or something) that I could do this with?

I know I could probably do something like chain a heap of inverter gates together, but that is kind of a crummy solution.

Thanks

hi,
What type is the CMOS inverter gate.?

You could use a 40106 Schmitt inverter, add a low value resistor in series with input and a very small cap from the input to 0V.
Take off the the non inverted signal before the resistor. OK.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back