Funny Images Thread!

Nowadays, in vessels carrying project cargo (big pieces, parts or machinery) it is more and more frequent to weld sea fastening to bulkheads or tanktops to secure them.
That reminds me of something which happened where I worked about 15 years ago.
We built what can best be described as a temporary control room.
This was basically a shipping container nicely fitted out inside with aircon, a BIG uninteruptable power supply, a computer cabinet, and a special electrical power unit for powering subsea equipment.
This thing was intended to be installed on the back of a supply boat with other equipment and sailed out offshore as and when required.
It was built and tested in the UK and put on a cargo ship to deliver it overseas.
I believe this was welded to the deck to stop it moving around.
So far so good.
But when it was delivered to the customers site it was wrecked!
I don't know if anyone found out exactly what happened, but...
The aircon units were broken off their mountings, the batteries in the UPS were scattered all over the insides of their cabinet, the hinges of the swing frame in the computer cabinet were broken, the PLC modules were all out of their card cage and dangling on their I/O cables.
Outside, the lifting eyes were stretched and there was an impression of the crane hook in the centre of the roof!

Maybe they forgot to grind off the seafastening welds and just gave it a pull with a BIG crane.

JimB

Outside, the lifting eyes were stretched and there was an impression of the crane hook in the centre of the roof!

Maybe they forgot to grind off the seafastening welds and just gave it a pull with a BIG crane.

JimB

I can presume that since they did not see any twistlocks it was deemed able to be lifted. Costly mistake.

In many projects, I learnt, control rooms are one of the most expensive parts. About two years ago, I had to inspect one which was in the lower hold during a fire. Rejected because of soot contamination. Soot was everywhere inside!!

Seems legit.

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 10414522_10152226771119013_3565712162069495359_n.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 295
My comments with Nigels post above...

Cheers Nigel

1. It looks like it is heavy.
2. I pity the guy standing directly under it.
3. I pity the ladder.
4. I pity the guy waiting for the ladder to break and all ending up (sofa included) on top of him.
5. Why oh why was there not a published photo somewhere of this online resulting in a happy ending

Because.....Just imagine

Regards,
tvtech

I see VERY little wrong with that

It's a fairly normal situation - what I would like to have seen though is that there's a rope been pulled from inside the window, which there may well be but you can't see it.

Sigh^^

I can never win with Nigel.
He always has an answer for everything I post.....

I have to learn to out fox him. Catch him off guard..I need Members to distract him....and THEN I pounce...

And eat him alive. Before he knows it....I have won. And turned uber green....

And take command of 36,342 posts....they will then be mine...(even though I don't really know what I said.....36K is a LOT)

I am planing a revolution

I plan in my Grand Scheme of things......Worldwide Domination. And it started here at ETO.

Oh boy, I am bored. And I have admitted it. Sheez....I am a wee bit wacky

Don't any of you regulars laugh at me. Ever. I will be cross with you if you do.

The more I speak....the worse it will become

So, I am going to bail now.

Before I say another thing. Except, love you all....warts and all.

tvtech

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…