Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

**broken link removed**
funny-pictures-auto-plane-laptop-468294.jpeg
funny_laptop_user_asjgk_Pak101%28dot%29com.jpg

Having lived in Canada, that is not how police chases go.
We who live where it snow know what to do in the snow.
Those who live in Georgia don't know what to do when it snows.

Speaking of IE, we were placing computers on local hobbyist-place for like electric hobbyists. Then we saw there was outdated XP and IE....hurry, unplug before it's full of just *it* itself :D it was funny scenario
Now they are ubuntu all-over.

12391025_1303598452999087_1103969440930715190_n.jpg

from fb:

two old geezers were complaining about presents Santa would leave them. One said, "I got a toilet brush a couple of years ago." His friend replied, "Well, at least it's practical. Did you use it?"
"Well, yup, I tried it, but I switched back to paper."

Speaking of IE, we were placing computers on local hobbyist-place for like electric hobbyists. Then we saw there was outdated XP and IE....hurry, unplug before it's full of just *it* itself :D it was funny scenario
Now they are ubuntu all-over.
I regularly have to attend service calls for for commercial equipment running XP, NT4 and DOS. Nothing funny about that!

Personal pc's (hmm, typo here, personal personal computers?) I can understand XP and such older, even more when offline. But commercial equipment? like what stores use?

Yep, electronic tills using low spec hardware and a severely locked down o/s. Some of the stuff must have been made in the '90's' - still in use. But think about it, these things only run the pos software so the o/s needs to be lightweight. They are switched on 24/7 so designed to use as little power as possible. Sometimes you get ones where they also use a web browser, and then the till gets slower and slower because of all the background open browser windows that never get closed, they just get hidden behind pos.

(edit - pos = point of sale)

Latest threads

Back