Funny Images Thread!

One time my carb throttle cable broke on a older car. I was on a busy freeway and had to get to my ship (Was in Navy at time) to avoid unauthorized absence (UA). I took the hanging throttle cable, cobbled some wire or some kinda cable to it, ran it through a spot near the hood, and had it go thru the driver side window. I was able to control my throttle using the cable and got to my ship on time. The car was stick shift, and it took skill to manage the throttle and gear shift

One of my mates in The RAF had a Humber Hawk car (auto). While driving us home on leave (150miles) the dynamo fell off because the mounting bracket had fractured. I got some rope from the boot (trunk) and lashed the dynamo back on to the engine- I had been a scout, so used all the right knots. Not only did we complete the journey on full charge, but the rope stayed on the Hawk for six months and the dynamo functioned perfectly. One day the owner had a new dynamo bracket fitted. A month later the dynamo fell off again, and apparently there had been a history of this problem. Once more I lashed the dynamo back on with rope and that is how it stayed until the car met its end two years later.

Mole grips killed him?
We call them ViceGrips. Look for this sentence: "...Denver and the technician attempted to extend the reach of the handle, using a pair of vice grip pliers" about halfway into this account of Denver's crash.

The way I remembered the story, the Vice Grips were in lieu of the normal fuel selector handle, but this account seems to suggest that the Vice Grips didn't go on the fatal flight.

btw- I have similar fuel selector valves in both aircraft I fly regularly. The one in the Cessna is easy to reach, and I can see it. The one in the Piper is within easy reach, but hard to see, especially at night. I memorize which way I need to move the fuel selector handle in the event I unexpectedly run a tank dry in flight... It is one thing to have the engine quit due to a dry tank at 300ft agl; something else to run a tank dry while at several thousand ft agl...

Last edited:
Sorry I thought it was a car!! I couldnt figure how mole grips would kill someone in a car!! Not too sure you would get me in a plane held together with vice/mole grips!! In fact I know you wouldnt . Birds and pyro's that get it wrong are meant to fly, the rest of us have legs

During the "70s dancing" era I was chief engineer at a 100,000 watt FM radio station playing that music.
I had an 3 hour on-air show. ( real cool )Yes I looked like the video. Now that's funny!

Hey, Ron. How many candy bars melted in your pocket

kv

Soon after my wife and I met, she mentioned how she really wished that she could afford a riding lawnmower. She was a
gal that worked all day and was often tired in the evening when she got home from work.
So, being the handy sort of guy that I was, I made her a riding lawnmower.
I guess I thought she would squeal with delight and give me a big hug.
To this day I have never been able to understand
why women are so hard to please!

look at the spinning woman and if she is turning right your right side of your brain is working. If she is turning left your left side of your brain is working. If she turns both ways for you then you have a 160 or better IQ.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…