Funny Images Thread!

Clyde, I think you did something there with by adding the second clip. If you watch the man and the ball while maintaining the direction of the spinning women she will turn very quickly for me.

If I just look at her it seems she turns back every 10 to 14 times she spins. I count by watching her foot hit the floor as one turn.

On the other hand they are trying use Right Brain and Left brain switching to help PTSD for victims who can find no other way to deal with it. They will wiggle a pencile back and forth in front of the victims eyes and make them recall the incident that pulls them into those feelings, somehow those affected with PTSD seem to change the wiring in their brain. It requires several times to get any lasting affect.

The spinning woman, and it's direction has nothing to do with your IQ.
It is, i think, a GIF file which keeps switching the direction randomly.

It is, i think, a GIF file which keeps switching the direction randomly
No, I think a .GIF can not do random.
I can get her to reverse by blinking.
It looks like there are 1/2 as many frames as you think. They repeat. A foot coming toward you or away from you is the same frame. The foot is shorter making it look like it is coming closer or further away but you must decide.

Ok, so I'm looking at the image again, but this time I'm looking at the word "decide" in Ron's post #1470 just above her head. She will turn back and forth every 1/2 turn.

kv

For me, looking directly at her she appears to be going clockwise (at first glance every time) but when I look at her shadow only (cover up the actual silhouette) and then look back at her she's spinning counter-clockwise.

I think she should also turn right/left/right/left but I just can't get that to work.
I looked at it in Animation Shop. There are 34 frames.
If you move the animation slider back & forth, you can make her do left, right, left, right, left, right ...

I believe it's called EMDR therapy. Powerful. It is also done with a large LED display, running in a Knight Rider circuit with a manually controlled rate. Powerful stuff (did I say that?). After establishing a rhythm with the eyes moving in concert with the display, the subject is guided to recall a prior incident. Subject may not even be aware of the incident detail initially. But when the memories come, the therapist can guide/control their intensity by changing the rate of the light (or pencil).

It's much more complicated than that. There are several phases which are made up of several sessions. Google EMDR therapy to learn more.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…