help build emergency rechargable flash light

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohantamil

how to build emergency rechargable flash light using diodes,resistor,electrolytic capacitor,rechargable battery,and 21 led builds

I just bought one at Harbor Freight Tools for $2 that runs on 3 AAA batteries..

How exactly to you plan to build the reflector, lense, case and all?

The circuitry is trivial, the mechanical assemblies are not.

Last edited:
In your Part list is no active semiconductor.
I would solve that problem with a NE555 astabile Multivibrator and a "Power" Mos FET Transistor.
When using the C-MOS Variant of 555 ( 7555 ) the Multivibrator draw very low current.

For the LED's you can use Low Current ones, when they are bright enough.

An astabile Multivibrator with 2 Transistor's is also possible.
But I think you have to install an additional driver Stage ( FET or Darlington Transistor ).

What kind of accu you want to use? Lead, NiMh, LiIon, LiPo, or LiFePo4 ?
All of them have assets and drawbacks.
I think a good choice for the Operation Voltage is around 12V.
So you can built strings with 3 or 4 LED's in serial configuration. 7 Strings with 3 Diodes will give you 21 LED's

Last edited:
one of my friend told me that china made emergency flash light is available using this circuit with 9 led .pls upload any body this circuit.thx in advance and how to use it breadboard

There is a way to build an off line rechargeable light using only diodes, resistors and capacitors, it is a charge pump design that runs off the AC line. I have one old (cheap) rechargeable flashlight that runs off two AA NI-CADs that uses that type of design. I don't have a schematic.

Last edited:
Search with google for " LED Blinker schematic ".
e.g. you get such results: **broken link removed**
or such one: **broken link removed**

There are thousends of such schematic's in the Internet.

Here is a schematic of how to make a light than runs off the AC power using only diodes, caps and resistors. It also charges the battery.

Last edited:
If you want automatic activation on mains power failure, you can connect a FET in like so...

The circuit I posted works, it is the one in my little wall flashlight that stays plugged in all the time. I recall it puts about 50 mA constant current into the batteries. I am using NICAD "AA" cells in it. It's been working for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…