Honest eagle layout restrictions work around

Status
Not open for further replies.

beakie

OK,

So I am using Eagle and for the first time I need to go beyond the restrictions placed upon the free version.

Any ideas on how to get around these size based limitations?

The board is essentially 3 boards with a few connections in between each... so I tried using header pins as a means of marking where I want the connections to be made and tried making 3 different boards and putting them together in paint.... but it all got a bit messy and very confusing.

Anyone got any ideas/advice (other than paying $125 for the non-profit version)? CHEERS!

There are other free cad programs, some do not have the restrictions. I personally like Eagle. We had a poll here on favorite cad program, maybe try a search for it. It was not that long ago.

Did you try printing them, cutting them out and putting them together? Or you are trying to make one large board as the end result?

I etch my own boards.

Using photo transfer I placed the board artwork on the PCB and etched both a the same time. If there was a gap I filled it in with a sharpie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…