Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Landscape Light controller design feedback

iggyspark

Hi folks - new here so hope I am conforming to protocol with an ask for feedback:
I built a very basic controller for my 12V landscape lights. It uses a prebuilt 10A 12V power supply with 2 leads each of + and ground. These leads feed the input of 2 MOSFITs and the output of each MOSFIT is 8 x 12V 10W lights in parallel. The pre-built MOSFITS are controlled each by a pin on an ESP8266 in PWM mode so that the integrated application (ESPhome for HomeAssistant) can control on / off and brightness with the YAML code used in that application. I used a step-down converter attached to one of the 12v leads and ground to feed the ESP8266 it's 5v. It works remarkably well but I wonder if there are any things I should consider like fuses at the + leads? Parts are basically from Aliexpress - MOSFITs, ESP8266, PS and step-down converter.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back