Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led sequential light up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I had to put this project on hold for the time being, I put a brick patio in the back yard. Anyways, back to the project now. BUT, I've decided to go a different direction. Instead of using led's to keep count up to 21, I want to use 2 7 segment displays instead. I figure this would be simpiler, easier and cleaner. Now, I have to try to figure these out...

This is a circuit I'm trying to make which does nothing but light up the display to test it, in other words, just show a "8". I'm just doing this to test my skills, and learn about the components.

I'm using "CircuitMaker" to test my design, but it doesn't seem to work. The display does not light. Maybe I'm using the program incorrectly, the help section of the program does not work.

Anyway, here's the diagram... Any reason why the display will not light? Any help is greatly appreciated as always.

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• Counter Test.jpg
    Counter Test.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Clearly my display is labeled "GND" (common cathode). So I don't think that is the problem... I'm thinking it's the program itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back