Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mods for a Dean Markley K-20X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. All solid state. Just a cheap practice amp for home use. Would like to increase power output to use it on stage as monitor for girlfriend's keyboards.
Yes, I will put a good 12" spk in cab to handle extra pwr.
Also, nice collection you have.

Last edited:
Hi all.
I got this amp, my buddy gave it to me saying "It doesn't work anymore, if you fix it - it's yours". I supposed that the only detail there something can be wrong with is TDA2030, so I replaced it and now it works. My question is the following: is it possible to put another chip instead of tda2030 to improve the sound quality and power?

PS sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language)))

Last edited:
kenny566 said:
Hi all.
I got this amp, my buddy gave it to me saying "It doesn't work anymore, if you fix it - it's yours". I supposed that the only detail there something can be wrong with is TDA2030, so I replaced it and now it works. My question is the following: is it possible to put another chip instead of tda2030 to improve the sound quality and power?

PS sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language)))

Your English is more than good enough, if you hadn't had your Location filled in I would have presumed you were English or American (or other colonies! :p )

You can't just drop a chip in, to get more power you need more voltage, and pretty well a major rebuild.

A major rebuild? Which of the details should I replace if I wanna use this amp with a bigger speaker? Or it might be easier to build a new amp than to mod this one? =)

kenny566 said:
A major rebuild? Which of the details should I replace if I wanna use this amp with a bigger speaker? Or it might be easier to build a new amp than to mod this one? =)
Your amp can drive a bigger speaker. The bigger speaker is more efficient so it will sound louder. It also might have better bass.

Before you wanted improved quality and more power which means replacing the power amplifier and its power supply. I don't know if you have enough space tor them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back