Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My professor screwed my final electronics project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HarveyH42 said:
Too complex, and you are showing that the course isn't important, and doesn't offer anything you find useful (instructor might get worried about his employment...).
Perhaps that would be a good thing, with a bit of luck they'll allow you to skip the first year.

The only advice I would give is do a project that you're interested in, is within your capabilities and allocated budget, is relevant to the course and not below the level required. If you feel the project you've chosen is beyond you for some reason then tell your tutor as soon as possible.

My first 2 years of college were the worst waste of time and money. In high school I learned calculus, semiconductors, and assembly language. But course requirements make you start over at the beginning. Algebra, ohms law, and BASIC... Not to mention the other crap, like various writing/language, history, sociology... I suppose eventually you'll move up to challenging classes and projects. I didn't want to spend any more time or money, and eventually dropped out.
Did you communicate your feelings to the course leader in a polite manner?

Hero999 said:
Perhaps that would be a good thing, with a bit of luck they'll allow you to skip the first year.

The only advice I would give is do a project that you're interested in, is within your capabilities and allocated budget, is relevant to the course and not below the level required. If you feel the project you've chosen is beyond you for some reason then tell your tutor as soon as possible.

Did you communicate your feelings to the course leader in a polite manner?

Yes, but these were basic required courses, everyone had to take them, or so I was told. Wasn't in much of a position to argue, fresh out of high school, bills, two part time jobs, and a load of homework. Pretty well maxed out on the new factor. I don't regret my choice, I get to learn what I want, and attempt to build whatever I dream up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back