need help in circuit design for current fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many volts on the transmission line?..... you need something with sufficient isolation (i.e. well insulated from the transmission line), and that actually might be the most difficult problem to solve. the actual sensor will be simple, but isolating it from the voltage on the transmission line won't be so simple...

Guess we'll have to wait to see why some fellow in Cairo wants to do this.

it might be a school project, but i would think that such current fault monitoring is already in place at substations where it's easier to install and in a location that can be easily monitored either automatically or by scheduled shifts of personnel.

no its used to indicate that there is fault in the line and i can use relay to give me remote indication that there is fault and my place without going to the place of the fault to find it

it DOES sound like he's bucking for a Wile E........

if he's talking BIG power lines, he's not gonna get anything well insulated enough to clamp around the wire..... so at the very least he'll get lit up like downtown Boston... yeah, i think he's earned it, but i wanted to hear it from him first.... so until he fesses up, it'll be an "honorable" Wile E Coyote Super Genius Award... maybe he can get the parts from Acme...

Attachments

• Wile.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 123
  • wiley.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Since the OP was in Egypt we're not likely to know for awhile.

This is not good. Could you imagine if it happened in a G7 nation?

Hello,

A helicopter is also used to work on those high transmission lines. Perhaps he can rent one for the day

Oh wait a minute, he's in Egypt? Just make a really really long ramp out of sand and pull the transformer up on a cart that slides on logs lubricated with bacon grease and use hemp ropes to pull it up the ramp That's the way they do things in Egypt <chuckle>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…