Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

still tryin to hack servo code

Status
Not open for further replies.
No a standard hobby servo requires an off period greater than it's internal ramp generators reset time plus a little bit of leeway minimum as they're temperature and voltage sensitive. I've never successfully run a standard hobby servo from throw to throw on anything more than a total refresh rate of 100hz, and even then they sometimes tweaked out, 75hz might be better,which means a basic 10-15ms delay between pulses, I would err on the side of 20ms repeat rate being a good safety value, which is 50 times per second for the servo signal refresh. If you wonder why the limit of the refresh rate is so high it's because of the circutry that is received and decoded from the base FM band signal itself.

RC technology has come lightyears since then though with 900Mhz and 2.4Ghz systesms which don't follow the same rules, there are generally electronic on the receiver side that deal with translation of signals

Last edited:
I found this first schematic online , its a servo controller, In the second image i have modified it to adjust the values of the resistor bank to control the pulse timing, using the output of a 4bit counter, would this work? Are the transistors wired properly?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 234
  • servo.jpg
    servo.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back