Surfact Mount Oven Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hello,

I'm setting up my first profile for a Heller oven.(Heller 1707) I'm using Kester's NXG33 solder paste, 4 layer, .062" PCB. I have the profile matching the spec. very well. My only question/concern is shocking the board with too much heat as it hits the zone in my oven. Is there a rule of thumb for a decent *Celcius/second. I want to say I read 3*C/s but I can't find where I read that. Does anyone with more experience able to shed some light?

Thanks

I've taken the boards off my 74°F workbench and put them straight in my 500°F toaster oven with no problems - if THAT's any help.

There are profiles on the internet.

I take a board at room temp and place it in a cold oven. Set the temp for max and watch the solder. At about 5 to 8 minutes the solder paste at the edges of the board turn from gray to silver. Then the solder in the center of the board flows. I watch the large components in the center of the board because they are last to flow. Then I open up the door and turn off the power. Don't bump the board until the solder sets up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…