Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a RTC in SF basic

MrDEB

I have a DS-1302 RTC module but how to use it?
I recall Jon Chandler made a vu meter clock but what he used for timing?
Am planning on a clock that has no hands, just LEDs but precision would be nice.

Since MrDEB doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about in his current schematic, here's a picture.

Schematic_crap_2024-08-27.png

here is my correct schematic hopefully. After looking over my older schematic (8/27/24) I discovered my mistake.
Have researched and putting the 10K resistor directly connected to the gate allows faster turn on/off. In post#81 it is listed as voltage divider. NOTE I discovered my mistake before view post#81
Thanks for saving me some money before ordering boards.
After working on this seahawk project, I decided to redo the mess I produced with the Christmas stars a few years ago. NOTE the stars work great but the LEDs are connected wrong. Two LEDs in parelle one resistor.

Attachments

• Schematic_smd-seahawk_2024-08-28.pdf
    311.2 KB · Views: 9
L
I discovered my mistake.

You "DISCOVERED" your mistake? Perhaps posts 76, 78, 80 AND 81 had something to do with that truly remarkable discovery?

I shall look forward to more of your discoverys as you copy&paste[tm] your way to working code. I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all, since the code I provided you way back in post #4 was my first Swordfish Basic program. Unfortunately, I shan't be participating any further on you epic journey of discovery.

download (2).jpeg

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back