Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally do PCBs for people but I think it's beneficial here because it will show you how to design a PCB.

I don't know:
  • What sort of phototransistor you're going to be using either, I've assumed two pin.
  • What relays are available in Canada so I just used two pads for the coil, so unless you modify it or design your own, you'll have to mount the relay off the PCB.
  • What size it needs to be or how you're going to mount it so I've just made it as small as possible and put holes for M3 screws.
Most people here use Eagle for PCBs, when I did this for a living I used Altium designer but now I just use OpenOffice draw because I haven't got round to learning Eagle.

Attached is a PDF containing the copper mask and silk screen.

Make sure you print it at 100% scale, i.e. turn fit to page off, otherwise none of the components will fit.

I've added a back EMF diode across the relay because it was missing from the original schematic, it's not critical, the 1N4148 will do.

Attachments

• Simple Dark detect PCB.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back