Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timing periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wombweller said:
MMMMM!!!

Seems that the 4518 can only be bought online for Maplin.So may have to wait.

Wombweller
hi,
Can you say where you are posting from?

ericgibbs said:
hi,
Can you say where you are posting from?

Eric

No probs!! In the UK up North nr. Rotherham.;)

EDIT...opps forgot to say ex. wombweller (town) search google for wombwell and yoy will find my website 'wombwell on the net'

EDIT.. EDIT... Also wombwell photos although I had 300 som photo on there but decided to take them off for now for copyright reasons.

Regards

Last edited:
wombweller said:
Eric

No probs!! In the UK up North nr. Rotherham.;)

EDIT...opps forgot to say ex. wombweller (town) search google for wombwell and yoy will find my website 'wombwell on the net'

EDIT.. EDIT... Also wombwell photos although I had 300 som photo on there but decided to take them off for now for copyright reasons.

Regards

Hi,
I dont believe it, I am from Rotherham! I know Wombwell very well.
I was there a couple of weeks ago, at a wedding.

Have lived in Portsmouth since 1969, [missionary work:rolleyes: ]

If you get stuck with the 4518, PM your address, I'll send you a couple.

ericgibbs said:
Hi,
I was there a couple of weeks ago, at a wedding.

Have lived in Portsmouth since 1969, [missionary work:rolleyes: ]

If you get stuck with the 4518, PM your address, I'll send you a couple.

Well I never :eek:

Small world. You would have liked those old photos I have.I have many many hits to my web and could not believe the interest in such a small town.I also created a yahoo chat group that is doing quite well.

Wunt like to take your 4515's but if you are ok with that then I will, saves putting the card details online.

Regards wombweller

Edit.. 4518's

Last edited:
wombweller said:
Well I never :eek:

Small world. You would have liked those old photos I have.I have many many hits to my web and could not believe the interest in such a small town.I also created a yahoo chat group that is doing quite well.

Wunt like to take your 4515's but if you are ok with that then I will, saves putting the card details online.

Regards wombweller

Edit.. 4518's

hi,
I'll try to catch tomorrows post.
Are there any other bits you need at this time?

Got your address.......dont worry about the bill, it gratis.

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi,
I'll try to catch tomorrows post.
Are there any other bits you need at this time?

Eric

Many thanks for that:)

I think that the 4093 are in store items the caps and resistors shouldn't be a problem so will settle for your advice.

Would you use a phototransistor?

Edit... any type of NPN. Transistor for the optional output?

Regards wombweller

Last edited:
wombweller said:
Eric

Many thanks for that:)

I think that the 4093 are in store items the caps and resistors shouldn't be a problem so will settle for your advice.

Would you use a phototransistor?
Yes, choose one thats IR sensitive, with built in ambient light filter [ a black looking one] and a matching IR emitter LED.

Ambient light leakage can cause problems in a P/T detector.

Regards wombweller

The LED flasher transistor is just a general purpose NPN capable of 30mA at 25V
Hope this helps.

Eric

sorry a bit off topic but you being an ex Rotherhamer do you know of the company Gregory Marshall.Just that I have a Roth. clock with that name on the dial.It will be an old company as the clock is late 1800's - early 1900's

Just a thought but not found anything just yet on it.

Wombweller

wombweller said:
Eric

sorry a bit off topic but you being an ex Rotherhamer do you know of the company Gregory Marshall.Just that I have a Roth. clock with that name on the dial.It will be an old company as the clock is late 1800's - early 1900's

Just a thought but not found anything just yet on it.

Wombweller

Hi,
Cant remember hearing the name before, just done a Google all I can find is

https://www.lanternclocks.co.uk/details/detailrmarshall-w.html
https://www.lanternclocks.co.uk/details/detailrmarshall.html

It seems Marshall was a common name in clock making.

Rotherham museum has records in their clock section that may help.

hi,
Items in 11:30am post today, 1st class , you should receive them Monday if Post Office are on the ball.

Download the datasheets from www.datasheetarchive.com for,

Photo-Diode SFH203-FA and IR Emitter SFH486

ericgibbs said:

It is indeed a small world, I am from Conisbrough.

JimB

JimB said:
It is indeed a small world, I am from Conisbrough.

JimB

Hi Jim,

Used to act out my boyhood dreams in the ruins of Conisborough Castle, of being 'Ivanhoe' when I was a boy back in the 1940's.

Do you remember the boating lake near the castle?

I understand it all been refurbished by National Heritage and you have to pay to get in!,,, its the 'barcode' society.

ericgibbs said:
Hi Jim,

Used to act out my boyhood dreams in the ruins of Conisborough Castle, of being 'Ivanhoe' when I was a boy back in the 1940's.

Do you remember the boating lake near the castle?

I understand it all been refurbished by National Heritage and you have to pay to get in!,,, its the 'barcode' society.

Eric

What about the Earth Ce:eek: ntre

I have to confess I did work on that but the flop was nothing to do with me:eek:

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back