Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Transmitter Circuit for TSOP17xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaidpirwani

Hi, I am making a project and I intent to use the TSOP17xx IR receiver(picture attached), the thing is that this sensor only provides low out put when certain conditions are met, the IR transmitter should blink at a certain frequency as mentioned by the xx in the name and that IR led should also take a brief gap between those blinks.

That is, the sensor will only detect IR at a certain frequency and only if there are gaps between the blinks as well, i.e. a gap of 5 periods after every 10periods or so, as told by the datasheet, this sensor will not accept the ir input if it blinks at the desired frequency continuously.

I have to put 5 of these sensors and I don't know how to generate that special wave which is required for the transmitter IRs, I don't want to use a micro controller to generate the wave, is there any other way. currently I have sensors of 36kHz.

I have also attached the datasheet of the sensor as well. I want to use simple IR Leds as transmitters.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THOSE WHO WILL HELP ME... though I will be coming back here for the response...

Attachments

• TSOP1738.png
    TSOP1738.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 82030.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back