Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to invert teh signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherazi

hi .. i am having this circuit, and i want that the o/p of PNP BJT should now be inverted... i tried but failed , plz help me , how can i invert the signal so that if the relay was supposed to be off by the current schm now it should be On and viceversa...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
T1 is an emitter follower so it doesn't invert. So you should be able to move your relay back to T2 and get what you want.
PS. D1 is backwards.

T1 is an emitter follower so it doesn't invert. So you should be able to move your relay back to T2 and get what you want.
PS. D1 is backwards.
T1 and T2 are both on at the same time so moving the relay to T2 won't change the signal polarity. You need to change T1 to an NPN with the emitter grounded and put the relay in the collector to invert the signal.

As ronv noted the diode across the relay is backwards. The diode cathode must be connected to the positive side of the relay coil voltage when the relay is on. Otherwise it will short.

Last edited:
I think what ronv was saying is discard T1 (it's not needed) and connect the relay to T2 collector in place of resistor R7 ?

Alec

sorry the diode placement is a mistake in the sch.
the purpose of doing this is to make sure that the o/p of relay should be NC normally but it should open if there is power failure,

i can use NC of the relay with some device to act as NC if there is power, but i thinkif i use a NPN as a switch connecteing base to vcc and let the C and NC of relay at Collector and emmiter, the problem i would face is that i should use GNd... but C can be from any other circuit.. is there another solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back