Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Theft Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanathmcx

Hi Guyzz,

I want to design the Embedded based system which detects the power theft over the transformer lines and locate the position of power theft and communicate that real time information to power distribution system using GSM.

Can anyone please help me on this.

Regards
Sanath Kumar
Bangalore /India

Email: sanathmcx@rediffmail.com

" You get the best out of others when you give best of yourself "
Have a nice day:)

Guyz let me tell u one idea
The embedded based system will be kept in a distribution transformer which calculates the amount of power delivered to the consumer and also reads the actuall amount of power consumed by the user by making use of wireless network like RF from the meter end. So whenever there is a difference in the amount of power which will be considered as power theft over the line and easily we can have GSM interface for the communication to the power distribution system .
Is it possible

Regards
Sanath Kumar
Bangalore/India

Theft of services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A farmer had power lines going over his property so he made a giant coil on the ground that picked up some of the EM energy. The POwerCOmpany knew about the leak but they went bonkers trying to find it.

". . .also reads the actuall amount of power consumed by the user by making use of wireless network like RF from the meter end. "

Big Brother is alive and well in India.

Last edited:
Their government spends 80 million dollars sending an unmanned rocket to the moon while people starve in India. The rocket gets there on November 7th. Will it get there?

People actually steal electricity in India? Unbelievable.

Last edited:
What a mess!
Looking at my street I see no wires of anykind. Electricity, telephone and cable TV/internet are all neatly underground.

Hello Audio Guru & guyzz

Are we doing any time pass over here?
Let the government does anything... that is none of ur ******* bussiness. All those ******** things u better keep it over in canada. If u have any details regarding the design of project u please post it over here otherwise get lost from this thread...hope u gt it.

Sanath
Bangalore/India

Nice. Well you and your student project have a nice day.

Just a sidenote you may have a difficult time convincing power companies to build such stuff when they can't be bothered to simply travel to town to take a look at the situation. Plus is their any law enforcement? If so why don't they enforce the law and arrest the power thieves? Well at least our transit system here in Canada will arrest anyone hanging off the side of a train. Gotta have your priorities.
**broken link removed**
Can the engineer actually see the signals?

Last edited:
We do seem to be expert at pushing people's buttons when they don't get what they want immediately if not sooner.

What a mess!
Looking at my street I see no wires of anykind. Electricity, telephone and cable TV/internet are all neatly underground.
My neighborhood has the same. Unfortunately, natural gas, water, and sewer pipes are overhead.:(

sanathmcx:

You were very offended by the two comments made by audioguru regarding 80 Million dollars and the power the farmer stole! audioguro in no way attacked you personally; He was merely first stating a fact and secondly restating the info in the post before his.

I am confused sanathmcx, are you defending your government or yourself here? Maybe you work with the government? Anyway your reaction basically says that you will not allow a person to speak their opinion if in your opinion feel it wrong-based on how you feel rather than rational fact. Nor did you take the time to ask audioguru why he said what he said! Let me ask you a hypothetical question sanathmcx; If you had the power of government in India and audioguru (ran a small business in India) protested publically about spending the 80 Million dollars on the starving; What would you do?

This is all of our business sanathmcx, our opinions, because in Canada we are all affected on many levels from what happens in India. Another hypothetical question sanathmcx, imagine that Canada today gave an open invitation to all the people living in India to come live in Canada, with no limit to the amount of people allowed; all expenses paid! Well we already know the answer to this; just look at the stats in Canada, Europe… Canada would obviously have such a high rate of Indians that Canada would in no time be India!

Now what would happen if this invitation were reversed sanathmcx, how many people would leave to live in India, well again look at the stats. A society can only be successful if individuals have compassion for their fellow man! This is why some countries are better to live than others-just an obvious fact sanathmcx.

The formation of society in Canada can be traced to individuals who care for there fellow man. Individuals who look out for only themselves; with no concern for there fellow man will form a society not like Canada.

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

When I see this picture, I wonder what India's
first manned space flight would look like. :D
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

on1aag.

ROFTL, maybe the same. Hang on!

You want to solve that problem easy, put the posts closer to the tracks... Kinda a squeegee effect. The fun will really begin if they ever have bullet trains.

Apparently it's not legal, there is a fine but it's rarely enforced. Stats show 20,000 folks die this way a year. Sure makes for interesting water cooler talk.
"So I was talking to this guy and..."

Last edited:
" You get the best out of others when you give best of yourself "
Have a nice day

I think the OP needs a new signature line.

There are many people from India in Canada. Their costume and skin are obvious.
The guys drive taxis. The women are in hospitals because they can hardly walk.
We can hardly understand their broken English (tele-marketers).

Recently when Microsoft's latest update (SP3) messed up my Windows-XP I called my local Microsoft office for help. They immediately transferred me to a technician who solved the problem. The technician is in India. She has perfect English.

India will lauch a manned rocket to the moon in two years. With hundreds of poor people on the front like on the train.

Some of my best friends at Micron were Indians (I'm retired now). They were also among the smartest people I knew. They spoke and wrote excellent English, and had good senses of humor.
At least one of them was planning to return to India, but most of them will stay here and enjoy the good life. The caste system is still apparently alive and well in India (unfortunately). I know they are working at eliminating it, but old habits and customs die hard. I 'm sure all my coworkers were from the upper classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back