Power Theft Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys
Let me tell you first & last.....this not the place to put the comments on any country.if I want I can put thousand comments on US, Canada. First let me ask what u know about India.ha .....
So if you have any details regarding the design of project please post it over here.

Sanath
Bangalore/India

Fu_s?
First I thought of posting a lot of bad words even though I am not at all interested.

Anyway it'll be nice to appreciate the white eagle eyes who are all looking at what India is doing on space. These guys will get the answer soon and I'm not sure about the older ones though .

It seems like Canadians are having a good culture despite the fact that they don't know how to behave properly in an international forum. Hmmm..we need to learn a lot from them. Isn't it??

I forgot about the ages old caste system in India. That really sucks if your born on the bottom of the heap.
'Blueroomf***r' is the id suitable for u, sorry because u didn't talk anything abt 'electronics' when the OP asked for a help in his project other than hanging
on the thread and making unnecessary comments. So change it now.

India will lauch a manned rocket to the moon in two years. With hundreds of poor people on the front like on the train.
AG, you are also welcome, but without a return ticket

" You get the best out of others when you give best of yourself "
Have a nice day

I think the OP needs a new signature line.
They got already.Signature is perfect.

I think beautiful american girls are making a lot of money by acting on [WORD CENSORED] videos which helps them and their country to be financially developed so that they can buy their on vehicles - no need to hang on the bullet trains.
I fear my video collection will exceed the component collection.
They acted very well especially on public.

Last edited:
The solution would be a poor fitting bandaid. Power theft is not enforced now why would a better detection method fix that? You want to fix the problem you've got to start at the root of the problem. Ether prevention or enforcement.

It's obviously a students project as no power company would finance this.

PS I get my statistics on other peoples countries by reading their local newspapers. If we lost 20,000 train riders a year here in Camads from poor management or slack enforcement there would be hell to pay.

Last edited:
Chill out guyzzz
wanna hear a joke. guess how they got Canada name? a bunch of guys were sitting around on the land and were tring to figure a name out for it, they stuck the alphabet in a hat and started pulling letters out. First the guy said C eh, another dude wrote it down, the next guy got a N eh, and it written the last guy got a D eh. hahahahaha. you s**k.

Sanath
Bangalore/India

Well there it is, sanathmcx is not from the power company but a little immature kid who has no clue on how to go about doing his assignment. Is rahulan999 your classmate?

What are you hoping the forums will give you? A project all done, schematics, firmware , PCB layout? So you can hand it in?

A much simpler / cheaper and self sustaining method of prevention might be offer a reward to neighbors who tell on thieves. We call it Crimestoppers here in Canada. Much of the problem appears to be the local attitude that stealing electricity is not theft.

And what's with the name calling and country bashing? Everything I posted came from India's own press. Do you have a source for where Canada got it's name? Canada kanata actually means Village or Land.

According to this article the power companies are already building theft detection systems.
BBC NEWS | Business | India struggles with power theft
**broken link removed**

This discussion about countries is caused by the huge difference in culture between a 3rd-world poor country (India) and a wealthy modern one (Canada).

The students should ask questions about their problems on a forum in their own country where others know about power theft and wires all over the place.

In Canada one guy (maybe an Indian) tried to steal copper wire from a high voltage distribution transformer and he got electrocuted.
Maybe 100 years ago we had wires all over the place like in India today.

Big hats off to U also & ur this f***g thread also.....go to H ^^L
Really would have given nobel prize .....shall I recomnd

Really would have given Nobel prize .....shall I recommend
Really Thank you.

At least we're more help than this poor fellow got.
**broken link removed**

This guy sounds serious
**broken link removed**

The problem with forums like edaboard is it's pretty much an input only forum, most folks looking for a handout or free ebooks. You might as well just write your question on a piece of paper and toss it out a window.

Last edited by a moderator:
This discussion about countries is caused by the huge difference in culture between a 3rd-world poor country (India) and a wealthy modern one (Canada).
I already told abt the american culture

BTW, the name of this web-site is:
electro-tech-online.com

-which means that electronics-technology-online. Both of u write it well on a paper using graphite pencil and read 1000 times

We'll go for a debate on culture-related forums, but not here.

EDIT: Just noticed that Audioguru has got a Nobel Prize! Let's celebrate this moment dedicated to him.

Aaron's Homepage Forum - LED thermometer

You are worth for that...really. Expresses ur culture.Mind it!

Last edited:
What makes you think this is a cultural debate? The OP was trying to design a electrical power theft device, I pointed out it wouldn't be trivial. I also pointed out there appears to be very little enforcement with IMO is the real root of the problem. It's also one of those type of problems where a very low tech solution IE: look at the poles and follow the wires would work well.
Simplified the circuit would be a current shunt albeit a really really large one, an A/D, microcontroller, serial port, SMS cell phone & power supply. You'll want a decent enclosure or it'll get stolen. Of course it'll be easy to bypass so it's kind of pointless.

People in Canada don't steal electricity (a few drug growers do) so we don't have a method to stop it. We prevent it.
Our neighbourhoods are planned to look good by having all the services buried.

India is on a different planet in a different century.
I don't chat on forums in India. Why do Indian school-kids come here?

Audioguru, I respect u really...even I love u . Sorry for bad words if any.

You are very old and looking through tinted glasses. I don't have more comments.
BTW, I didn't see any other person with a lot of helping mentality in this forum. Audioguru really needs a Nobelprize. I'm not joking

I have a better joke
Q. Why do elephants paint their toenails red?

"You are very old "

As in "get off my lawn"

Last edited:
But I am an old geezer. I don't work, I am retired.
One forum called me a dirty old man. I am.
I had a tint and fog in my eyes and wore glasses until a couple of weeks ago when I had cataracts surgery on one eye. Now I can see extremely clearly and colours are vivid.
I get my second eye done in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Q. Why do elephants paint their toenails red?

A. To hide in Strawberry Patches...

I always thought that is was so you could find them when they were upside down in a bowl of custard.

JimB

PS, I am currently in India and cant wait until next week to get the hell out of here.

I always thought that is was so you could find them when they were upside down in a bowl of custard.

JimB

PS, I am currently in India and cant wait until next week to get the hell out of here.

And the punchline is
"Have you ever seen them in a Strawberry patch?"
"No"
"Proves it works"

I'd love to see India one day, I'm a big fan of spicy food and Butter Chicken and a nice Vindaloo yum. I don't deal so well with big crowds and chaos so much though.

I take it you're not having much fun though...
I almost forgot about this, not sure I could deal with squatting.
**broken link removed**
How To Use An Indian Toilet Photo Gallery by Jesse A. Todhunter at pbase.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…